This cartridge is auto-off except under conditions of low or unreliable water pressure, sediment in water, buildup of lime, salt, iron or other mineral deposits, etc., in which case it must be disengaged manually by the user.
Before You Replace It - Be Certain You Are Operating It Correctly:
- Open the mixer (main) valve to full flow.
- To engage the diverter, rotate the knob a full 120 degrees (1/3rd rotation) in either direction until it presses against the stop.
Hold the knob against the stop for a moment to allow the pressure within the cartridge to adjust.
- Release the knob.
- Adjust the mixer (main) valve to the desired temperature and flow.
- When finished, close the mixer (main) valve quickly rather than slowly.
Make Certain it Hasn't Accumulated Buildup and/or Debris:
- Remove the cartridge from the faucet.
- Place the cartridge in a container of white vinegar.
- Rotate the stem in both directions several times to allow the vinegar to penetrate all areas.
- Allow the cartridge to soak in the vinegar for several hours.
- Rinse the cartridge to flush debris by briskly swishing in a sink or container of water.
- Swish with the stem rotated both directions.
- Reinstall the cartridge.