Spout - M70 & M65
Spout Installation - M70 & M65
The water supply valves need not be shut off but do NOT open the mixer valve until the installation is complete!
Remove Spout Assembly
- Remove short set screw (if applicable) - 2.5mm hex key.
- Remove long set screw - 2.5mm hex key.
- Pull spout straight up to remove - Caution: water will drain from base of spout.
- Seat may have been left in faucet body - make certain it is removed.
Clean Faucet Body
- Apply NSF-61 certified silicone (plumber's) grease to inside surface of faucet body.
- Apply silicone grease to outside surfaces of seat, O-rings and retainer.
- Rotate spout until cross-hole in retainer is aligned with cross-hole in faucet body.
- Lower spout into faucet body, without rotating, until fully seated.
- Use hex key to probe and verify cross-holes are aligned - Very Important
- Screw long set screw into faucet body until seated against spout - Caution: set screw MUST pass through cross-hole in retainer and make contact with spout. Otherwise, water pressure will force the spout out of the faucet body when faucet is in use!
- Rotate long set screw 1/2 turn counter-clockwise.
- Screw short set screw (if applicable) into faucet body until firmly seated against long set screw.