Water supply valves need not be shut off but do NOT open the single lever valve until the installation is complete! Remove lime and calcium deposits prior to disassembly. Use white vinegar or a commercially available product. Use NSF-61 certified silicone (plumber's) grease to lubricate all O-rings, X-rings, threads and moving parts before reassembly.
- Unscrew knurled spout retaining ring.
- Pull spout straight up to remove.
NOTE: to install a pre-assembled Full Spout Assembly, skip to “Install Spout” section.
Remove Diverter Components and Aerator
- Unscrew aerator - be certain to capture the aerator washer.
- Pull diverter knob up to engage locking tabs while turning knob counter-clockwise. Continue to pull and turn counter-clockwise to remove knob.
- Remove all diverter parts from spout. Make certain that X-rings are removed from the spout.
- Remove O-ring and red lock ring from spout base.
- Thoroughly clean spout base inside and out.
Assemble Diverter in this order
- Retainer - small end toward, and inside of, inside spring
- Two (2) X-rings
- Screw aerator with washer onto spout.
- Place O-ring in bottom groove.
- Place knurled spout retaining ring on spout - un-threaded end first.
- Install red lock ring in middle groove - flat side up / tapered side down.
- Insert assembled diverter into spout - push diverter in until threads project through top of spout - triangle must be aligned in hole.
- Screw diverter knob clockwise onto the threads - pull on diverter knob to engage locking tabs - finish tightening knob.
- Pull on knob to hold diverter assembly up into spout - triangle must be aligned in hole
- Seat spout into the faucet body while continuing to hold diverter up.
- Tighten knurled spout retaining ring