M70 Sapphire Installation
Dishmaster M70 Sapphire - Installation
Things You May Need: 1-1/2" basin wrench, adjustable wrench, arc-joint pliers, #2 Phillips screw driver, bucket, towels, safety goggles, flashlight and a helper to hold things in place from above while you tighten from below.
Plug your sink drain(s) so that no small parts will go down the drain if you drop them.
Your faucet is designed for hole size 1-3/8” to 1-1/2” diameter. The spout swivels 360 degrees and allows the lever handle and diverter handle to be positioned where you choose. The wand can be mounted where you choose in relation to the spout. Minimum 4” distance between centers is recommended for clearance between the spout and the wand. See example installations on last page.
- Remove washer, support ring and tube nut w/screws from the mounting tube.
- If not already in place, insert the O-ring into the groove in the bottom face of the threaded escutcheon.
- Insert all three hoses and the mounting tube down through the hole you have selected for installation in your sink or countertop.
Have a helper assist with the next five steps
- Place the washer and support ring (washer first) over all three hoses and slide the washer and support ring up over the mounting tube.
- Screws should be partially threaded into, but not through, the tube nut.
- Place the tube nut w/screws over all three hoses.
- Screw the tube nut onto the mounting tube and snug firmly to the under surface of the sink or countertop.
- Tighten the two tube nut screws securely and evenly. Do not apply undue pressure.
- Remove the label that is retaining the rubber gasket in the check valve housing assembly - keep the rubber gasket in place in the check valve housing.
- Screw the check valve housing assembly onto the accessory hose fitting. Hand-tighten only ~ do NOT twist the hose. Hold the hose fitting (not the hose) with pliers to prevent hose twist. This is a straight thread; once you feel solid resistance STOP.
- Insert the hose guide into the smooth side of the non-threaded escutcheon. Press until the shoulder on the hose guide is tight to the face of the escutcheon. If the surface on which you are installing your faucet is more than 1.3” thick screw the extension ring and the extension tube fully onto the hose guide.
- If not already in place, insert the O-ring seal into the groove in the bottom face of the escutcheon.
- Insert the assembled hose guide down through the hole you have selected in the sink/countertop.
Have a helper assist with the next step
- If you installed the extension tube in the previous step, install up to three extension spacers as needed before screwing the hose guide nut onto the extension tube. Screw the hose guide nut onto the hose guide and snug firmly to the under surface of the sink/countertop.
- Insert the free end of the black hose down through the hose guide and seat the wand in the hose guide
Please note the image to the left and heed the following warnings. (High arc spout is shown. Installation is the same for all M70 models)
Use caution to avoid kinking or twisting the water supply hoses. The hoses must not be taut after installation. If your installation requires that you coil the hoses, maintain an inside diameter of at least 3 inches.
Take care when routing the black hose and the detergent tube. Do not loop around water lines or drain pipes. They must not be pinched or kinked and must be free to move up and down when the wand is in use.
Route the detergent tube in front of all other water lines and drain pipes to allow the detergent tank to be lifted into the sink for ease of refilling the tank and back flushing.
- Insert the free end of the copper hose tube into the small hose section to the point where the bend begins.
- Press the large hose section fully onto the barbed end of the check valve housing.
- See additional instructions included with the detergent tank. Place the detergent tank assembly in a convenient location under the sink. Press the free end (with spring) of the clear plastic detergent tube over the rigid tube of the detergent tank assembly approximately 3/4". Avoid crimping or placing objects on the clear plastic detergent tube as doing so will prevent the flow of detergent.
Before you connect the flexible supply hoses it is important to flush the water pipes
- Use an old supply hose to reach from one of the shut-off valves to a bucket. Put the end of the supply hose into the bucket. Fully open the shut-off valve and allow water to flow until foreign matter no longer comes out ~ at least 15 seconds. Close the shut-off valve. Repeat the procedure with the other shut-off valve.
Use extreme caution to avoid kinking and twisting the supply hoses. The hoses must not be taut after installation. If your installation requires that you coil the supply hoses to obtain a good connection, maintain an inside diameter of at least 3”.
- Attach the cold water supply hose (blue stripes) to the cold water shut-off valve. Hold the hose ferrule with pliers to prevent hose twist while tightening the compression nut. Tighten only enough to seat the gasket.
- Repeat for the hot water supply hose (red stripes) to the hot water shut-off valve.
- Unscrew the aerator assembly from the end of the spout. Be certain to remove the black gasket along with the aerator. It will sometimes stick to the spout end rather than come off with the aerator.
- Place the faucet's mixer (on/off) lever handle in the off (closed) position.
- Gently open the cold water shut-off valve. Examine the cold water supply hose and fittings to make sure there are no leaks. If there is a leak, tighten the fitting(s) enough to stop the leak.
- Repeat for the hot water side.
- Slowly open the mixer lever handle. It is not unusual for air or air/water mixed to come out until the water lines completely fill with water. Fully open the lever handle. Allow the water to run until the air is out of the lines and foreign matter has flushed from the lines.
Be sure to run BOTH the hot and cold water each for at least 15 seconds. Close the mixer lever handle.
- Check again for leaks.
- When all is well, re-attach the aerator assembly with gasket. Hand tighten only, no pliers are necessary. The aerator is adjustable +/- 10° in all directions so that you can aim your water stream. Simply move the face of the aerator with your fingertip.
Your new Dishmaster Faucet is ready to use. Please see the Operation section of the Manual.