Water supply valves need not be shut off. Remove lime and calcium deposits prior to disassembly. Use white vinegar or a commercially available product. Use NSF-61 certified silicone grease to lubricate all O-rings, X-rings, threads and moving parts before reassembly.
- Unscrew knurled spout retaining ring.
- Pull spout straight up to remove.
Remove Insert Components
- Use 3/16” Allen wrench to unscrew and remove spout section insert assembly - If insert does not have a 3/16” hex hole, STOP, order K31080 Insert and Seal with Tool
- If 8-hole disk remains, bend a paper clip to form a hook to remove the disk.
- Make certain lower 008 O-ring and 016 O-ring do not remain in spout section.
- If there is a screen in the spout section cavity, remove and discard.
- Thoroughly clean spout section cavity.
Install Insert Components
- Assemble insert as shown
- Allow 8-hole disk to “float” between 008 O-rings - Do NOT press 8-hole disk onto either 008 O-ring
- Use 3/16” Allen wrench to install insert assembly in spout section
- Stop when insert will not turn easily - do not over tighten
- Pull on knob to hold diverter assembly up into spout - triangle must be aligned in hole
- Seat spout into the faucet body while continuing to hold diverter up.
- Tighten knurled spout retaining ring