Water supply valves need not be shut off but do not open the faucet valve. Remove lime and calcium deposits prior to disassembly. Use white vinegar or a commercially available product. Use NSF-61 certified silicone (plumber's) grease to lubricate all O-rings, X-rings, threads and moving parts before reassembly.
- Unscrew knurled spout retaining ring.
- Pull spout straight up to remove.
- Pull diverter knob up to engage locking tabs while turning knob counter-clockwise to remove knob.
- Remove all diverter parts from spout - make certain X-rings are removed from the spout.
- Remove O-ring and red lock ring from spout base.
- Thoroughly clean spout base - inside and out. Use a Q-tip to clean the small hole.
Assemble Diverter in this order as shown
- Retainer - small end toward, and inside of, inside spring
- Two (2) X-rings
Assemble and Install Spout
- Place O-ring in bottom groove.
- Place knurled spout retaining ring on spout - un-threaded end first.
- Install red lock ring in middle groove - flat side up / tapered side down (side with 4-dimples).
- Insert assembled diverter into spout - push diverter in until threads project through top of spout - triangle must be aligned in hole.
- Screw diverter knob clockwise onto the threads - pull on diverter knob to engage locking tabs - finish tightening knob.
- Pull on knob to hold diverter assembly up into spout - triangle must be aligned in hole.
- Seat spout into the faucet body while continuing to hold diverter knob up.
- Tighten knurled spout retaining ring.