K2000 Tune-up Kit
K2000 Tune-up kit
Water supply valves must be turned off before making this repair. Remove lime and calcium deposits prior to disassembly - see notes below. Use white vinegar or a commercially available product. Apply NSF-61 certified silicone (plumber's) grease to rubber parts and threads, especially retaining cap threads, before reassembly.
Ball Valve Assembly Instructions
- Remove red/blue plug from face of lever handle.
- Use 1/8” hex key to loosen set screw located in hole in face of lever handle.
- Lift lever handle to remove.
- Use spanner to unscrew and remove adjusting ring.
- Unscrew chrome valve retaining cap by turning counter-clockwise. If pliers are required, pad the jaws to avoid damage to chrome finishes. If any significant amount of force is required, STOP - lime or other mineral deposits from your water source have seized the threads. If you continue, the copper supply tube may be bent, broken or pulled from the solder joint - Damage is NOT covered under warranty. Wrap a cloth or paper towel around the base of the retaining cap. Pour white vinegar or a commercial lime remover into the area around the ball valve. Make sure it overflows and runs down the inside of the retaining cap into the threads. This is best done a day or two in advance of the repair. If force is still required use one of these methods: 1) have a helper beneath the sink to hold the valve body in place to prevent it from turning while you unscrew the retaining cap. 2) remove the faucet from the sink and soak the entire faucet in white vinegar or a commercial lime remover. 3) cut a vertical slot in the side of the retaining cap. Insert a screw driver in the slot and twist to break the threads free.
- Lift ball valve by stem to remove ball valve, cam and valve seal.
- Use a small tool to remove seats and springs - small screwdriver, tweezers, hook made from paper clip, etc.
- Place tapered springs, large end first, into valve seat counter-bores.
- Install valve seats over springs. You may need to use a small flat tipped screwdriver to press flared skirt of valve seat into counter-bore as you gently apply pressure to top of valve seat.
- Install stainless steel ball valve in valve body. Stainless steel guide pin in valve body must engage slot in ball valve.
- Install valve seal over ball valve. Press flared skirt of valve seal into valve body.
- Install cam over valve seal. Align tab on cam with slot in valve body and press down firmly.
- Put valve retaining cap in place.
- Tilt rod on ball valve forward. Make certain tab on cam remains in slot.
- Place one finger through valve retaining cap and press down firmly on cam.
- Screw retaining cap clockwise while maintaining pressure on cam. Make certain tab on cam remains in slot.
- Make certain valve retaining cap is fully seated - hand tight is sufficient.
- Install adjusting ring in valve retaining cap. Turn adjusting ring clockwise using spanner. Stop when adjusting ring becomes snug – do NOT over tighten.
- Pull ball valve stem forward to closed position.
- Turn on water supply.
- Check for water leak at top of ball valve and from end of spout.
- If leak appears, use spanner to tighten adjusting ring – do NOT over tighten.
- Allow a few minutes and recheck for water leak.
- You need only tighten adjustment ring until leak stops. If you over tighten the adjustment ring the valve handle will be difficult to operate
- Install valve handle.
- Tighten set screw.
- Insert red/blue plug.
Diverter Assembly Instructions
Water supply valves need not be shut off. Remove lime and calcium deposits prior to disassembly. Use white vinegar or a commercially available product. Use NSF-61 certified silicone (plumber's) grease to lubricate all O-rings, X-rings, threads and moving parts before reassembly.
- Unscrew knurled spout retaining ring.
- Pull spout straight up to remove.
- Pull diverter knob up to engage locking tabs while turning knob counter-clockwise to remove knob.
- Remove all diverter parts from spout - make certain X-rings are removed from the spout.
- Remove O-ring and red lock ring from spout base.
- Thoroughly clean spout base - inside and out.
Assemble Diverter in this order as shown
- Retainer - small end toward, and inside of, spring
- Two (2) X-rings
Assemble and Install Spout
- Place O-ring in bottom groove.
- Place knurled spout retaining ring on spout - un-threaded end first.
- Install red lock ring in middle groove - flat side up / tapered side down.
- Insert assembled diverter into spout - push diverter in until threads project through top of spout - triangle must be aligned in hole.
- Screw diverter knob clockwise onto the threads - pull on diverter knob to engage locking tabs - finish tightening knob
- Pull on knob to hold diverter assembly up into spout - triangle must be aligned in hole
- Seat spout into the faucet body while continuing to hold diverter knob up.
- Tighten knurled spout retaining ring
Venturi, Button, Bushing Instructions
Water supply need not be shut off.
Disassemble Spray Tube and Handle
- Unscrew nut from handle - if pliers are required, pad jaws with a cloth to prevent scratches.
- Slide nut toward brush to expose bushing
- Remove bushing
- Slide handle back along hose and let red button drop out.
Remove Venturi Assembly
- Cut hose approximately 3/4” from shoulder of venturi.
- Slide hose over barbs to shoulder of venturi - it may be helpful to lubricate barbs with small amount of detergent.
- Rotate handle and hose so that button hole is down.
- Drop button into button hole.
- Slide handle over venturi - spring side of venturi MUST be toward button.
- Lubricate taper tube with NSF-61 certified silicone (plumber's) grease
- Place nut onto taper tube.
- Slide bushing onto taper tube and into nut.
- Slide nut with bushing to shoulder at end of taper tube.
- Attach spray tube assembly - hand tighten nut.
- Adjust direction of spray to desired position by rotating spray tube assembly.
- Tighten nut just firmly enough to hold spray tube in desired position - if pliers are required, pad jaws with a cloth to prevent scratches.