K1271 Large Tank Conversion Kit for M76XL
Switch Copper Tubes
- Disconnect the plastic detergent tube from the old straight copper tube.
- Remove the old straight copper tube from the hose.
- Insert the smaller diameter end of the new 'U' shaped copper tube into the hose up to the point where the bend starts.
- U-shaped tube has 2 small holes in its side. One of these holes is at the bottom of the “U”, and the other is near one end of the tube.
- The end of the tube that does have a hole in the side is attached to the tank lid with the vent tube plug (small thumb tack shaped piece).
- The end of the tube that does not have a hole in the side is inserted through the hole in the lid of the detergent tank and protrudes from the top of the lid approximately 1 inch.
- Your Dishmaster will not function properly if tubes are not assembled correctly. Tube-to-tube connections must have minimum overlap as shown and must be airtight.
- Apply a small amount of liquid detergent to the inner tube
- Heat the end of the soft outer tube in hot (not boiling) water to make the tube more pliable
- Push the two tubes together with at least the minimum overlap as shown
- The outer tube will shrink and the detergent will dry to make a 'glued' but not permanent connection