Water supply need not be shut off for this repair. Straight copper tube, barbed plastic tube and brass nut are not used for this repair.
- Pull hose from barbed check valve housing - cut black hose if necessary.
- Remove plastic tube from flared copper.
- Remove flared copper tube from hose.
- Lift wand and remove hose from hose guide.
- Insert hose down through hose guide and seat wand in hose guide.
- Insert small end of 'U' shaped flared copper tube (apply detergent as lubricant) into small hose section approx 3/4".
- Insert barbed end of check valve housing (apply detergent as lubricant), to shoulder, into large hose section.
- Make certain check valve housing threads have not been loosened during repair.
- Spray tube may be rotated to direct the spray as desired.
- Loosen handle nut - pliers may be required – pad the jaws with a cloth to prevent scratches.
- Adjust direction of spray to desired position by rotating spray tube.
- Tighten nut just firmly enough to hold spray tube in desired position.