Water supply need not be shut off for this repair. Straight copper tube is not used for this repair.
- Unscrew hex nut using 3/8” wrench - use pliers to prevent bottom nut from turning.
- Remove plastic tube from flared copper.
- Remove flared copper tube from hose.
- Lift wand and remove hose from hose guide.
- Slide brass tube nut, threaded end first, onto barbed plastic hose tube.
- Insert barbed end of plastic hose tube (apply detergent as lubricant), to shoulder, into large hose section.
- Insert hose down through hose guide and seat wand in hose guide.
- Insert small end of 'U' shaped flared copper tube (apply detergent as lubricant) into small hose section approx 3/4".
- Press plastic tube approx 1/2" over flared copper - apply detergent as lubricant.
- Attach hex nut using 3/8” wrench.
Adjust Spray Tube
- Spray tube may be rotated to direct the spray as desired.
- Loosen handle nut - pliers may be required – pad the jaws with a cloth to prevent scratches.
- Adjust direction of spray to desired position by rotating spray tube.
- Tighten nut just firmly enough to hold spray tube in desired position.