K0901 Dishmaster Liquid detergent Concentrate
Dishmaster K0901 Liquid detergent Concentrate has been discontinued. Cost of manufacturing increased significantly, compliance is burdensome, and shipping rates for a product of it's size and weight are out of control.
For many years we have advised that other liquid detergents are acceptable for use in your Dishmaster faucet and there are many choices on the market. Dawn brand is a good choice. For others, see these recommendations:
- USE DETERGENT, NOT SOAP. Soaps are made from natural ingredients, which you think sounds great and usually we agree. But...soap is basically fats and oils mixed with a base and it's going to clog the system. If you choose the soap path, you should expect to back flush the system more often.
- DO NOT USE DETERGENTS WITH LOTION ADDITIVES. Just like soaps, lotion will clog the system and create work for you with increased back flushing.
- Choose a detergent that is transparent; avoid anything cloudy or opaque.
- Avoid detergents that advertise "lotion", "makes hands soft", or similar wording.
- DO NOT USE DETERGENTS THAT CONTAIN CITRUS ADDITIVES (CITRIC ACID). The acid will deteriorate the copper tubing in your hose assembly and you will have to replace it.
- LIQUID ONLY! DO NOT USE POWDERED DETERGENT OR POWDERED SOAP.
- START WITH THE RECOMMENDED MIXING RATIO OF: 1 tablespoon of detergent per 16 ounces of water. Your water conditions and experience will determine if you want to increase or decrease the amount of detergent.