Water supply need not be shut off for this repair. Straight copper tube, barbed plastic tube and brass nut are not used for this repair.
- Pull hose from barbed check valve housing - cut black hose if necessary.
- Remove plastic tube from flared copper tube.
- Remove flared copper tube from hose.
- Lift wand and remove hose from hose guide.
- Unscrew handle nut - if pliers are required, pad jaws with a cloth to prevent scratches.
- Slide handle completely off hose.
- Allow red button to drop out.
Reassemble Handle and Spray Tube
- Slide handle onto new hose with large hose segment toward button hole.
- Rotate handle and hose so that button hole is down.
- Drop button into button hole.
- Slide handle over venturi - spring side of venturi MUST be toward button.
- Attach spray tube assembly - hand tighten the nut.
- Adjust direction of spray to desired position by rotating spray tube assembly.
- Tighten nut just firmly enough to hold spray tube in desired position.
- Insert hose down through hose guide and seat wand in hose guide.
- Insert small end of 'U' shaped flared copper tube into small hose section approx 3/4" - it will be helpful to lightly apply dish detergent to copper tube before insertion.
- Press plastic tube over flared copper tube.
- Insert barbed end of check valve housing, to shoulder, into large hose section - it will be helpful to lightly apply dish detergent to barbed area before insertion.
- Make certain check valve housing threads have not been loosened during repair.