Water supply need not be shut off for this repair. Straight copper tube is not used for this repair.
- Unscrew hex nut using 3/8” wrench - use pliers to prevent bottom nut from turning.
- Remove plastic tube from flared copper tube.
- Remove flared copper tube from hose.
- Lift wand and remove hose from hose guide.
- Unscrew handle nut.
- Slide handle completely off hose.
- Allow red button to drop out.
Reassemble Handle and Spray Tube
- Slide handle onto new hose with large hose segment toward button hole.
- Rotate handle and hose so that button hole is down.
- Drop button into button hole.
- Slide handle over venturi - spring side of venturi MUST be toward button.
- Attach spray tube assembly - hand tighten the nut.
- Adjust direction of spray to desired position by rotating spray tube assembly.
- Tighten nut just firmly enough to hold spray tube in desired position.
- Slide brass tube nut, threaded end first, onto barbed plastic hose tube.
- Insert barbed end of plastic hose tube (apply detergent as lubricant), to the shoulder, into large hose section.
- Insert hose down through hose guide and seat the wand in hose guide.
- Insert small end of 'U' shaped flared copper tube into small hose section approx 3/4" - apply detergent as lubricant
- Press plastic tube (apply detergent as lubricant) over flared copper tube approx 1/2".
- Attach hex nut to bottom nut using 3/8" wrench.