The detergent you add to your tank may congeal and separate from the water over time. The congealed detergent may accumulate in the tank, hose, tube and wand. Miscellaneous particles that come through your water lines may also accumulate. Backflush to wash out the obstructions. Caution: this procedure causes water to flow backward. Be sure to follow the steps to confine the water to the sink.
- Lift the detergent tank, with lid and tube attached, into the sink.
- Unscrew the tank from the lid and place it in the sink with the two small holes facing downward.
- Place a sponge or dishcloth in the bottom of the sink.
- Remove the brush from the end of the wand.
- Turn on the water and adjust the temperature to warm.
- Divert the water from the spout to the wand.
- Press the end of the wand into the sponge or dishcloth to restrict the water flow - you will not be able to completely restrict the flow.
- Press the red button.
- Water should flow from both small holes and from the end of the tube where it is attached to the button at the top of the lid.
- Clean the detergent tank.
- Refill the tank.
- reattach the lid.
- place the assemble detergent tank beneath the sink.
- Reattach the brush to the wand.
Your Dishmaster will work best if you routinely perform this procedure. Make it a habit to take a few moments and backflush every time your tank runs empty and before refilling.