Before You Replace It - Be Certain You Are Operating It Correctly:
- Open the mixer (main) valve to full flow and adjust the temperature.
- To engage the diverter, rotate the knob a full 120 degrees until it presses against the stop.
- Hold the knob against the stop for a moment to allow the pressure within the cartridge to equalize.
- Release the knob.
- Adjust the mixer (main) valve to the desired water flow.
- When finished, close the mixer (main) valve quickly rather than slowly.
Replace if water is dripping from the diverter knob.
Replace if the diverter knob will not stay diverted.
Replace if the diverter knob does not return to the off position when the mixer valve is closed.